New goal: Quit school and open a Mexican food truck/bar called Tequila Mockingbird.
Ce soir-là nous trois, la nuit, les quais de la Seine, la lumière au travers des arbres qui dansait projetée sur le mur
Slap them all in togas instead of suits and it would perfect
It also follows a pyramidal composition!
However, I would argue that this picture is more Baroque than Renaissance. Notable features of Baroque art are:
- Images are direct, obvious, and dramatic.
- Tries to draw the viewer in to participate in the scene.
- Depictions feel physically and psychologically real. Emotionally intense.
- Extravagant settings and ornamentation.
- Dramatic use of color.
- Dramatic contrasts between light and dark, light and shadow.
- As opposed to Renaissance art with its clearly defined planes, with each figure placed in isolation from each other, Baroque art has continuous overlapping of figures and elements.
- Common themes: grandiose visions, ecstasies and conversions, martyrdom and death, intense light, intense psychological moments.
In the baroque, artists strove to evoke aesthetic responses. Now I’m not talking about aesthetic as in “oh thats pretty” I’m talking about aesthetic like that punch in the gut reaction you get to something.
One of the ways this was done was through the depiction of intense emotion which we see in this photograph. compare to Bernini
The picture also displays a wonderful use of chiaroscuro (an effect of contrasted light and shadow created by light falling unevenly or from a particular direction on something) a style used extensively by Caravaggio and other Baroque artists.
I WAS THINKING THIS EARLIER AND I’M SO GLAD SOMEONE POINTED IT OUT
cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat cat
this cat lives in a show horse barn which is why it walks and runs that way
how do YOU take your coffee?
Une nouvelle épreuve : le 50 m d’eau ! Merci BFM TV !
I thought we were having a moment…you ruined it
so apparently an arm can sell on the black market for $885, ($500 for the shoulder plus $385 for the hand an forearm)
and a leg can sell for $500 (at least thats the lowest price of an albino leg so im guessing here)
So when someone says “That’ll cost an arm ad a leg” they are roughly asking for $1,335
which is less than i would have guessed.
i didn’t spend this much time researching the cost of limbs on the black market for one note